Apprentice Body Shop Tech
Destination Toyota - Burnaby is currently seeking an Apprentice Body Shop Technician to join the team!
Reporting to the Body Shop Manager, responsibilities will include minor body repair on customer and company vehicles, teardown and reassembly of vehicle components as part of estimating and repair process, cleanliness and organization of the facility and parking lots, assisting Journeymen technicians as required, general housekeeping duties, porting vehicles to and from facility, organizing supplies and quality control checks on repaired vehicles.
As part of our team, your duties will include:
- Perform repair collision damaged vehicles according to company specifications and standards under supervision.
o Minor body repair, teardown, and reassembly of vehicle components
- Inspecting for and recognizing additional hidden damages through the course of the repair process, and assisting Estimators in the documentation of necessary repairs
- Document all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Helping with vehicle movement in order to support production and/or occasional customers to locations off premises.
- Monitor and act on general maintenance and cleaning of shop, equipment, and facility.
- Minimum 1 year's worth of Body Shop experience.
o Exposure to Body Shop repair an asset (Direct or indirect through work and school)
o Minimum successful completion of 1st year of technical training
- MUST be willing to follow policies and procedures as outlined in the operation of the Fixed Operations Department.
- Positive team player attitude with a desire to learn and succeed in the industry.
- Have a valid British Columbia driver's license.
- Follow manufacturers' and industry standard guidelines for proper vehicle repair
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
If you would like to join an amazing Body Shop Department team, please submit your application to email@example.com.